You’ve found the space, purchased some expensive bottles of wine and now it’s time to really start collecting.
Here are five tips for becoming a true collector.
- Start slowly. Don’t buy too much of one bottle of wine. Your taste will evolve. Buy two bottles at a time. One to drink and one to aside.
- Don’t just collect red wine. Dry white wine ages just as well as the reds.
- You don’t have to stock up on trophy wines. Most of why you’ll need is something you would want for a weeknight dinner.
- Corks do fail. Beware buying wines as an investment.
- Make sure your collection is well organized. How are you supposed to find that special bottle if you don’t know where it is? A little organization goes a long way.
Sources: Winemag.com, Bloomberg, Forbes