- Article Archives
- No comments
Homeowners insurance can keep you covered in many cases, but not all. Many people choose home insurance without knowing what is and is not covered. This makes it difficult to know what coverage you need for the areas that aren’t covered. Here is a list of 10 things home insurance won’t cover:
- Damage caused by mold is usually excluded from most homeowners insurance policies.
- Floods, earthquakes and landslides all need their own separate coverage.
- Certain dog breeds that are viewed as aggressive, like Pit Bulls or Rottweilers, are not covered for any damage they cause.
- Neglected minor problems, such as cracks or damaged pipes, are not covered.
- Sewer damage is not covered by your home insurance.
- Stolen valuable items like jewelry need additional coverage in case of theft.
- Power outages are not covered.
- Intentional damage caused by a resident is not covered.
- You are not covered for war, terrorist, or nuclear attacks.
- Your trampoline and any injuries because of it are not covered.
Chivaroli Premier can custom tailor a policy to fit your particular needs, contact us today to receive a custom quote for your homeowners insurance.