Do I need to buy extra insurance to cover the grounds around my house?

If you have outbuildings (such as a barn), special landscaping (with rare or expensive plants) or hardscaping (such as a pool, fences, retaining walls, walkways or decks), your homeowners policy likely provide coverage at only a portion of your policy amount (typically 10%). However, some policies exclude damage caused by a particular event, like wind. Consult with a private client advisor to make sure you have a solution that fits your lifestyle.